- 150gcoconut flour
- 1/4 teaspoongluten free baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoonsgranulated stevia, plus extra to dust
- pinch sea salt
- 200gcashew butter
- 4 organic eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 1/2 teaspoonsnatural vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoonscoconut oil
- 2 tablespoonscoconut milk (try Lee's homemade version, in her book 'Supercharged Food')
|To make these butternut cookies, preheat the oven to 175ºC / 350ºF and grease a baking tray. |
In a bowl, mix together the coconut flour, baking powder, stevia and salt. Warm the cashew butter slightly, then mix with the eggs, vanilla, coconut oil and coconut milk until smooth.
Add to the dry ingredients and mix well to form a dough.
Roll the dough out between two sheets of baking paper to a thickness of 6 -8 mm. Cut out shapes using your favourite cookie cutter, and place on the greased baking tray. These cookies won’t spread during baking.
Bake for 20 – 25 mins, or until cookies are crisp and golden. Leave them to cool on the tray a little before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely. Dust with extra stevia if required. Cookies will keep in an airtight container for several days.
This sugar-free cookies recipe is a great one to have in your reportoire to whip up for when friends pop in.